BGA Studio: Online Board Game development platform
What is BGA Studio?
Getting started4 slideshare presentations to get ready to use BGA Studio in 30 minutes:
Note: Please DO NOT translate Studio Documentation, so that there can be one place where you can find the latest information available.
What is Board Game Arena Studio?
Board Game Arena Studio is a platform to build online board game adaptation using the Board Game Arena platform.
It is open to any gamer with development skills :)
BGA Studio website: http://en.studio.boardgamearena.com
(original announcement on BGA forum: http://forum.boardgamearena.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1973)
Discover BGA Studio in 5 presentations
Why, how, what... to start discovering BGA Studio, we prepared 5 "powerpoint" presentations for you:
Great, I'm in! ... How should I start?
If you didn't already, check the presentations at the top of this page to get the basics.
Then, you should checkout the First steps with BGA Studio to make sure that runs fine.
After that, we advise you to take a peek at one or both of these two game creation tutorials:
Then start editing files and see what happens! ;)
BGA Studio documentation
BGA Studio Framework reference
This part of the documentation focuses on the development framework itself: functions and methods available to build your game.
- Main game logic: yourgamename.game.php
- Your game state machine: states.inc.php
- Game database model: dbmodel.sql
- Players actions: yourgamename.action.php
- Game material description: material.inc.php
- Game statistics: stats.inc.php
- Game interface logic: yourgamename.js
- Game art: img directory
- Game interface stylesheet: yourgamename.css
- Game layout: view and template: yourgamename.view.php and yourgamename_yourgamename.tpl
- Your game mobile version
- Translations (how to make your game translatable)
- Game options and preferences: gameoptions.inc.php
- Game meta-information: gameinfos.inc.php
- Game replay
BGA Studio game components reference
Game components are useful tools you can use in your game adaptations.
- Deck: a PHP component to manage cards (deck, hands, picking cards, moving cards, shuffle deck, ...).
- Counter: a JS component to manage a counter that can increase/decrease (ex: player's score).
- Draggable: a JS component to manage drag'n'drop actions.
- ExpandableSection: a JS component to manage a rectangular block of HTML than can be displayed/hidden.
- Scrollmap: a JS component to manage a scrollable game area (useful when the game area can be infinite. Examples: Saboteur or Takenoko games).
- Stock: a JS component to manage and display a set of game elements displayed at a position.
- Wrapper: a JS component to wrap a <div> element around his child, even if these elements are absolute positioned.
- Zone: a JS component to manage a zone of the board where several game elements can come and leave, but should be well displayed together (See for example: token's places at Can't Stop).
BGA Studio user guide
This part of the documentation is a user guide for the BGA Studio online development environment.
Join BGA Studio developer team
Personal infos provided in this form is NOT shown to anyone but BGA Studio admin, and is NOT used for any other purpose that BGA Studio organization.
I dont know if i am posting this in the right section, but... Could the screen for Love Letter be changed?
Look my example down. I have a 1366x768 monitor. The screen is a little bit down already (as you can see by the scroll bar in the right), hiding my name/points and the second player's name in the right. The "updating game situation" bar on top hides the up player's name. And I don't have any previous card showing below my card, but it would be partially hidden too.
If I set the browser to full screen, I can see the whole board, but my name/points in the right would still be hidden. Also if I set the browser for 90%.
My suggestions are:
1) That space between the center cards and the up player cards could be dminished
2) The 'previous cards' coins could be changed from below to the side of the player's cards (there are too much room in the sides)
3) The phrases "last played" and "deck" above the center cards could be replaced to the sides.
It could be something like this (dont mind my poor photoshop skills):
Gameinfos does not seem to have anything that resembles the name of the game. Any other hidden places?
Sometimes when I get connected I reach the welcome page without any visible menus at : http://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!welcome
I then have to clic several times onto different links to have the chance to see the menus appear.
Even clicking on the big splash blue-purple-sheep-cloud-shaped Board Game Arena logo does not give me menus.
How can I create this account?