BGA Studio: Online Board Game development platform
What is BGA Studio?
Getting started4 slideshare presentations to get ready to use BGA Studio in 30 minutes:
Note: Please DO NOT translate Studio Documentation, so that there can be one place where you can find the latest information available.
What is Board Game Arena Studio?
Board Game Arena Studio is a platform to build online board game adaptation using the Board Game Arena platform.
It is open to any gamer with development skills :)
BGA Studio website: http://en.studio.boardgamearena.com
(original announcement on BGA forum: http://forum.boardgamearena.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1973)
Discover BGA Studio in 5 presentations
Why, how, what... to start discovering BGA Studio, we prepared 5 "powerpoint" presentations for you:
Great, I'm in! ... How should I start?
If you didn't already, check the presentations at the top of this page to get the basics.
Then, you should checkout the First steps with BGA Studio to make sure that runs fine.
After that, we advise you to take a peek at one or both of these two game creation tutorials:
Then start editing files and see what happens! ;)
BGA Studio documentation
BGA Studio Framework reference
This part of the documentation focuses on the development framework itself: functions and methods available to build your game.
- Main game logic: yourgamename.game.php
- Your game state machine: states.inc.php
- Game database model: dbmodel.sql
- Players actions: yourgamename.action.php
- Game material description: material.inc.php
- Game statistics: stats.inc.php
- Game interface logic: yourgamename.js
- Game art: img directory
- Game interface stylesheet: yourgamename.css
- Game layout: view and template: yourgamename.view.php and yourgamename_yourgamename.tpl
- Your game mobile version
- Translations (how to make your game translatable)
- Game options and preferences: gameoptions.inc.php
- Game meta-information: gameinfos.inc.php
- Game replay
BGA Studio game components reference
Game components are useful tools you can use in your game adaptations.
- Deck: a PHP component to manage cards (deck, hands, picking cards, moving cards, shuffle deck, ...).
- Counter: a JS component to manage a counter that can increase/decrease (ex: player's score).
- Draggable: a JS component to manage drag'n'drop actions.
- ExpandableSection: a JS component to manage a rectangular block of HTML than can be displayed/hidden.
- Scrollmap: a JS component to manage a scrollable game area (useful when the game area can be infinite. Examples: Saboteur or Takenoko games).
- Stock: a JS component to manage and display a set of game elements displayed at a position.
- Wrapper: a JS component to wrap a <div> element around his child, even if these elements are absolute positioned.
- Zone: a JS component to manage a zone of the board where several game elements can come and leave, but should be well displayed together (See for example: token's places at Can't Stop).
BGA Studio user guide
This part of the documentation is a user guide for the BGA Studio online development environment.
Join BGA Studio developer team
Personal infos provided in this form is NOT shown to anyone but BGA Studio admin, and is NOT used for any other purpose that BGA Studio organization.
How can I create this account?
I discover that my last problem in studio is linked to edge.
I cannot create new table under edge browser since last Tuesday.
even clearing the browser data/cache/ and all other data.
but items I can create under firefox.
Is it possible to gain access to the hive game database and raw move data in order to download it, parse it and use it?
Thanks in advance for your response.
them game would hang with "Application loading..." and game menu to stop it is not available.
New game starts fine and plays but something with
old games is broken now. I really just want to get rid of it, kill the table. Is there a hidden post request I can do
to express stop the game without loading it?
Have you ever seen much differences for server response between the normal player and bots?
Let's say I (Tchebychev0) launch a 2p game using "express start" which add a bot player, let's say Tchebychev4.
I notice than the server is quicker to answer when Tchebychev0 makes is move quicker than when it's Tchebychev4.
I have 3 possible actions in the main state: "draw", "meld" or "dogma". "draw" or "meld" have few databases operations on .game.php, "dogma" is heavier.
- When Tchebychev0 takes any one of the three actions, everything proceeds normally.
- When Tchebychev4 takes a "draw" or "meld" action, it takes circa 5s to complete, since my internet connexion is quite low...
- When Tchebychev4 takes a "dogma" action, it is stuck at "Sending move to server..." but finally the request times out . When I trace the server job using var_dump, I get no response even in .action.php: I think the error stream can't flush because the server does not finish its job.
I think a better connexion would solve the problem anyway (which I can't have ), but do you have any idea why the server takes so more time when it's the bot who plays?
Any experience with that?